My idea is as follows:
1. User chooses to sort either Ascending or Descending on a column set to sort "Both" by design from the UI View.
2. User opens a document from that view.
3. User edits and saves the document. Script closes UI document, goes to find next document AS-SORTED, opens it up and the edit & save cycle repeats itself until the last unprocessed document.
4. At the moment that does not happen. Notes does not open the next document “As Sorted” in the UI view, but appears to follow the document as sorted the back-end view.
5. My requirement is to capture which sort has been ticked – ascending or descending.
6. Use an If or Select Statement to get hold of a hidden view in the back end whose sorting matches what they clicked.
7. Use that view to move to the next document.
The current IsSortAscending and IsSortDescending properties of the NotesViewColumn class go only as far is capturing if this option is ticked, but does not tell me whether its the Ascending or Descending that has been ticked.