In Domino designer, File Download has "Created" and "Modified" in options of Properties.
In Web browser, File Download has "Created On" and "Date" column.
Although the information on an attached file should be displayed in Download control, Created column displays the creation day of the document. And Modified column displays the update date of the document.
Steps to reproduce
Use the attachment database or discussion database which customized to show "Modified" column.
1. Web browser creates new document via Xpage and save it. For example, the document was created at 10:00.
2. Open the document and attach a text1 file. For example, the file was attached at 10:01.
3. Save it, Created column in File Download control shows 10:01.
4. Close the document and reopen it in a view, Created column in File Download control shows 10:00.
5. Reopen and update in Body file, save it. For example, the document was updated at 10:02.
6. Close it and reopen it in a view, Date column in File Download control shows 10:02.
So, Date column is not retaining the old values.
It seems to be product specification and has been reported in SPR #PHAN8E4DDG as a "Software Limitation" and the reason is as commented in SPR #YSAI8SVGAQ.
Reason listed ---> The timestamps for last modified and created are not available on the EmbeddedObject class for an attachment.
Can this be considered for enhancement in future.