Welcome to the #dominoforever Product Ideas Forum! The place where you can submit product ideas and enhancement request. We encourage you to participate by voting on, commenting on, and creating new ideas. All new ideas will be evaluated by HCL Product Management & Engineering teams, and the next steps will be communicated. While not all submitted ideas will be executed upon, community feedback will play a key role in influencing which ideas are and when they will be implemented.
For more information and upcoming events around #dominoforever, please visit our Destination Domino Page
Implement Accelerated create replica for pull replications including DAOS
Today Accelerated create replica copies leveraging the underlying APIs from backup/restore are a great way to deploy new replicas.
A similar implementation would be very useful for pulling replicas form another server or client.
There are many use cases where it would help. And in today's cloudified world with higher latencies involved, this would be a big advantage for first time replication compared to classical replication.
- Faster and more reliable 2nd server setup --> system database in larger environments can take quite some time to replicate
- Pulling new replicas from one server including getting all attachments from DAOS objects
- Creating new replicas on a remote Notes client with higher latency.
- This would save a lot of transaction loads in general on a server for those type of main use cases and dramatically improve creating new replica experience
- We had a couple of discussions this week in offboaring from SCN where latency was the most limiting factor
It's to late for SCN migrations. But it will help with server migrations where you can't control the sending side and use Accelerated create replica -- which also does not work for DAOS enabled databases today.