The Server | Status | Server Tasks window requires too much scrolling.
- The number of threads that run on a server today far exceed one screen. Hitting refresh and then having to scroll down past threads such as anti-virus, anti-spamming and tasks that are usually of no particular interest to administrators is time consuming, frustrating and tedious. The ability to sort the tasks does little to help the problem. New paradigms for this screen could go in many directions, here are just a few suggestions:
- Have multiple tasks screens (Tabs?) and allow the administrator to configure what tasks show up on what screens.
- Collapse all like tasks and show the number of threads for each task. Allow the administrator to expand a particular category and be able to refresh the screen without the category closing
- Have an automatic refresh rate and buttons to turn automatic refresh on and off
- Allow the user to filter what tasks are showing in the display similar to that of Fatal, Failure, Warning, etc. filters in the Live Console Screen.
- Reconsider the CPU Utilization column, as it appears to bring back inconsistent and incomprehensible information.
- Allow column widths to be "set" and saved so you don't have to shrink/expand columns each time you go in.