The selection conditions for archiving are very basic:
- not modified in more than
- not expiration date older than
- selected by user
- older than
Having a formula available would open all type of custom logic.
Without that the only option would be to set the expiration date or putting them into a specific folder in the documents with a custom agent.
Having a formula could help to use custom logic which would make archiving very flexible..
- Only archiving specific documents
- Archiving documents based on other fields like DeliveryDate
- Archiving documents based on custom headers set by a gateway
- .. Just to name some of the business cases ..
It should be settable by policy.
[ Daniel Nashed / http:/blog.nashcom.de ]