Welcome to the #dominoforever Product Ideas Forum! The place where you can submit product ideas and enhancement request. We encourage you to participate by voting on, commenting on, and creating new ideas. All new ideas will be evaluated by HCL Product Management & Engineering teams, and the next steps will be communicated. While not all submitted ideas will be executed upon, community feedback will play a key role in influencing which ideas are and when they will be implemented.
For more information and upcoming events around #dominoforever, please visit our Destination Domino Page
This functionality may be better applied with additional action buttons eg "Edit attachment" when the document is open for reading or "Open and Edit attachment" when a document is seen in a Notes Views.
If there is more than one attachment, show a selection list of the attachment names.
Nevertheless editing of Office documents is awkward and in my humble opinion the described feature for the Notes Client doesn't exist.
- Open a Notes Document for editing
- Open the file (attachment) for editing
- Saving and closing the file (attachment) for editing
- Saving the Notes Document (otherwise the changes are lost)
How it should work (for example):
- Opening the Notes Document for editing should automatically open the attachment for editing (instead of editing the Notes Document first)
- Saving the attachment should automatically save the attachment within the Notes Document
Both already exists:
if you want to open or edit attachments by double clicking, just set this Notes.ini parameter using policies
for editing office document in XPages you can do the same by using IBM Docs as Editor.