Welcome to the #dominoforever Product Ideas Forum! The place where you can submit product ideas and enhancement request. We encourage you to participate by voting on, commenting on, and creating new ideas. All new ideas will be evaluated by HCL Product Management & Engineering teams, and the next steps will be communicated. While not all submitted ideas will be executed upon, community feedback will play a key role in influencing which ideas are and when they will be implemented.
For more information and upcoming events around #dominoforever, please visit our Destination Domino Page
Notes needs a fast, modern formatting engine, primarily for forms, with support for:
- modern CSS, JS and LotusScript;
- fast update: Back-end -> Front-end and vice versa, without having to reopen the document;
- gorgeous, fast working components for richtext - tables, etc.;
- opportunity to work with a collection of documents opened in UI, for example:
Call NotesUIWorkspace.GetUIDocument(sUNID).Refresh() 'from embedded view
- possibility of guaranteed set frame for filling (SetTargetFrame) without preliminary OpenFrameSet, etc.
All this can be implemented without Eclipse.
You can go from the question: Why is Java needed on the Client?
1. Get/Put data to other system. That has already been decided by NotesHTTPRequest.
2. Various text transcoding.
3. Work with attachments without saving them to disk. The ability to create a file without saving to disk and attach it to a document.
4. Smart classes for working with dxl: getting attachments, getting/replacing field values, converting RichText -> HTML and vice versa.
All this can be implemented without Java. And Notes Client will be fast and modern again!
Me please glass theme!)