Cisco has been requesting info to get Gateway to work over SIP so that the connection does not need to go through Nextplane over XMPP.
They have questions on how to get SIP set up to work for GW.
This is a request to work with Cisco to answer the following questions so that customers can connect to Sametime Gateway using a SIP connection vs having to incur a cost to work through NextPlane.
1. Are they not using IBM ST 6.5 PIDF anymore?
2. Can IBM share the PIDF XML schema they are currently using, so Cisco developers can start working on the code.
3. Do they have any config switch where they can include the status in activity tab instead of note? (Refer the above XML elements)
4. Why are not sending SIP Subscribe to monitor the Jabber presence as we never see this hit our edge
5. Why messages are not getting to our edge, when they initiate the IM conversation? What is their analysis? Is it because they only use SIP Page mode to deliver messages?
Thank you for considering.