DevOps is a leading, important topic in IT. Domino is a little bit outside of this area. Please add support for DevOps tools to better fit Domino in today's IT Environments.
As UrbanCode is also a in HCL support they should wort together.
UrbanCode (and/or other deployment tools) should support Domino server!
UCD Domino Agent:
- using the Domino Extension Manager (EXTMGR_ADDINS=buzagent.dll)
- using a UCD database and Agents (here users can develop their own agents and run, like groovy scripts)
Domino Plugin steps
- Copy Artifacts (copy / FTP from SCM or template server)
- Copy a template (Deploy step) to the server (.ntf on the server from code repository)
- Create Database from a template (template could be on the server or in CodeStation or any SCM)
- Set Database Properties (eg Title, encryption, LZ1, etc)
- Sign Database (with server or any ID)
- Create Entries in ACL (from a list like: entry, type, level, properties)
- Create ACL Groups (GroupName, Member List)
- Create/Edit Profile document (Form, UserName as a property, ad from a list like: fieldName-value,value,value...)
- Create Document (Form, ad from a list like: fieldName-value,value,value...)
- Enable Scheduled Agent (with schedule parameters)
- Run Agent in a Database
- Create New Replica (target server name(s), wait until finishes)
- Create New Copy ((target server name, wait until finishes))
- Replicate database (with servers, options, wait until finishes)
- Compact, fuxup, updall, catalog...etc commands
- notes.ini manupulation
- Server configuration step(s) to update Server Document or others
- User Registration
Hope you like it!
ps: this is already in, but I forgot to login so I recreated it under my name: https://domino.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DOMINO-I-231