A mailto link hotspot in a Notes document opens a new memo in Lotus Notes instead of Microsoft Outlook even though Outlook is the default Mail
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Changed Notes' User Preferences to say None for Mail Program. Is default, so uncheck "Use Lotus Notes as my default email program". under Mail/Internet
2. Set the OS mail default program to Outlook.
3. Checked OS registry to make sure of the following things.
A. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mail = "Default" = Microsoft Outlook
B. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command = (path to Outlook)
4. Create a hotspot button with mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Create a new memo and type mailto:@xyz.com
B. Highlight the above text and click Create/Hotspot/Link Spot and type the same text mailto:email@example.com for the Value.
5. Send this memo to yourself, open it, and click the button.
Instead of opening a new memo in Outlook which is the default Mail client, it creates the new memo in Notes.
Below requests are created as enhancement request
SPR # TBOE6NYSR4
SPR # JIZO4WHTJW
Any Client or browser based Client to open up when accessing this DB through the Notes Client. This should consider the OS defaults.